How to Update Software on Modules other than touchscreens
This article outlines the method for updating the software
on an EMIT AFRC, Governor, Emissions Management
Device (EMD), Annunciator (Brain), AEM, EDT, ECU, or Ignition. The process is the same for all modules. For Annunciator, AEM, ECU, Ignition, or Governor, the engine will have to be stopped before updating.
- The thumb drive should be formatted FAT or FAT32
- The file name is typically the name of the module with a ".hex" extension.
- Updates can be downloaded Here
- Do not change the name of the file.
- There should be at most one file for each type of module on the drive. E.g. there should not be two Annunciator updates on the drive or you won't know which one will be used
- On the module to be updated, insert the USB thumb drive into the USB port that is labelled “SOFTWARE UPDATE ONLY”.
Verifying Update is Completed
You can verify the new software version on the EIM display by doing the following:
- From the “System Menu” screen, select the “System Settings/Utilities” button on the lower right side of the screen.
- Next, select the “About” button on the upper left side of the screen.
- The “About” screen will display all the connected modules and their respective software versions.
For a DCT, a similar screen is found at "Information" -> "Software Versions"
- If the software module does not take, try re-formatting the drive to FAT32 and follow the process again.
- Make sure that the file is in the main part of the drive and not in a subfolder
- The DCT has a USB formatting tool under System Settings -> Utilities that can be used ahead of time to format a drive