Note: Only experienced personnel should adjust PID settings
PID Setup Screen
To configure a PID output, select one of the two available PID loops at the top of the screen. Each setting is outlined below. When complete, select “Submit” to save, or “Disable” to disable that PID loop.
- Choose Output: Select this button to choose the analog output to use. All available analog outputs will be listed to select.
- Output Type: Choose 4-20mA, 1-5V, or 0-5V based on what equipment is driven
- Process Variable: Choose the process variable. This is the variable that will react to changes in the output.
- Setpoint: Choose the target setpoint for the process variable.
- Deadband: Choose a deadband for the setpoint. Within this deadband around the setpoint, the output will not be changed
- Max response rate: The max response rate is the percentage of the output range that will be changed in one second when the controller is moving at its fastest rate. This clips the change in controller output after the loop calculates the value.
- P,I,D term: These are the actual Kp,Ki,Kd constants
- Activation Criteria: Select this button to choose when the output should be active.
- Inactive state: Enter what the output should be when the controller is not active