Send us your question....share an idea here....

Radial vs. Lateral

Could you explain the difference between radial & Lateral catalyst elements? One more efficient than the other?

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin CarlinAdminKevin Carlin (Tech Advisor, EMIT Technologies, Inc.) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. EA Housings / The Round element is a very solid platform for the small Horse power ( < 500 HP) Rich burn engines. this is designed to hold two catalyst elements in a series so that when adding a second element the exhaust gasses pass through the first element and then the second element.. these are typically not used on larger HP because of the large size and weight of the elements the back pressure also increases as you add an element

2. EL Model Housings.. Linear / lateral Housings.. this housing is a very flexible housing you can configure the housing to hold several elements increasing your single pass cubic FT of catalyst elements typically these are configured for 3 /4/ and 6 elements.. the exhaust gasses make a single pass across the elements and produce a very low backpressure and are intended for the Lean Burn applications but work well on Rich Burn applications requiring > 1 Gm/BHP/HR emissions .. these are also very flexible in their application as if your emission requirements or operating conditions change, you can add or remove elements as desired

3. ER Model Housings. These are very similar to the EL Housing but the exhaust gasses can pass through 2 catalyst beds rather than just one pass.. these are intended for the rich burn applications greater than 500 HP. these are great in applications where the large HP rich burn emissions requirements are very low typically < 1 GM/BHP/HR

I hope this helps-

Feedback and Knowledge Base